Wednesday, August 3, 2011

catch me if you can.

        It's time to play catch-up. I have been shamefully neglectful of my dear blog. The only upside to this negligence is that I have a reasonably good excuse: I have been a woman on the go! It turns out that Alaska is more diverting than I had originally thought and thus, my blog has suffered from the resulting dereliction. Since we last spoke Thaddaeus and I took an epic road trip from Fairbanks all the way to Kodiak, Alaska. We passed through Denali National Park (or State Park, depending on how you look at it), we stopped in Cordova in search of paddles for our raft, we dug clams in Cook Inlet, we camped in Homer and finally we ferried out the Emerald Isle.

These were the views through Denali.



Thaddaeus thought it was best that we stopped for Dairy Queen in Was(z)illa.


Homer harbor!





 We grabbed a unforgettably delicious cupcake at Homer's Two Sisters Bakery for the ferry ride to Kodiak.





And a few unfortunate species were sacrificed to science but they understood.


No comments:

Post a Comment