Last week I moved for the first time in five years. One night in early May I sat in the kitchen with my friends and, as they held my hand, I booked a one-way ticket to Fairbanks, Alaska. Once the reality of this decision settled into my busy brain, it became clear that I only had a few weeks to close up what had been the most defining five years of my life. The Quaid and I took full advantage of this new excuse to plan a few weeks worth of happy hours, dinner parties, long walks and nights out. Even my big brother flew through Seattle to join in on the fun! These are a few photos of our final dinner-turned-dance party hosted by Dennis himself.
The vibe of this house tends to change as quickly as you can say cucumber tomato salad.
After about 3.5 hours of non-stop dancing, fatigue set in and we grew nostalgic. Tears fell to the kitchen floor and when we could no longer stand it, we ran to our respective rooms to escape the salty flood.
I was at home in this embrace. We decided that from then on, home was mobile because home was with each other. And with that, I started my mobile home engine and flew north.
No comments:
Post a Comment